SciELO - Scientific Electronic Library Online

vol.3 número1Medios didácticos virtuales para un aprendizaje Significativo - HolísticoCaracterización de la adaptabilidad mediante el análisis multivariado y su valor como predictor del rendimiento académico índice de autoresíndice de materiabúsqueda de artículos
Home Pagelista alfabética de revistas  

Servicios Personalizados




Links relacionados

  • No hay articulos similaresSimilares en SciELO


Educación Superior

versión impresa ISSN 2518-8283


TERAN MODREGON, Oswaldo. "Diagnosis of access, use of the TIC's and measurement of the digital divide in the career of Industrial Engineering". Edu. Sup. Rev. Cient. Cepies [online]. 2017, vol.3, n.1, pp.52-66. ISSN 2518-8283.

When more than 25 years have passedsincetheentry ofcomputersto institutions of highereducation and more than 15 since the emergence of the Internet and mobile telephony; In the context of the information society, education has changed globally. The same phenomenon happened atthe national and local level, particularly in the teaching of Industrial Engineering with the introduction of ICT Information and Communication Technologies, however, this introduction of ICT has not been homogeneous, producing distances between those who Use ICT's and those who do not, a situation known as Digital Divide (DD). The study aims to answerthe question: ¿What are the causes, characteristics and magnitude of the DD in the career of Industrial Engineering? The research has consisted of a bimodal case study, which mixes the qualitative and quantitative approaches, which has been carried out in the UMSA Industrial Engineering Course (IEC), with the participation of teachers, teaching assistants and students, to whom ad hoc questionnaires designed by the researcher were applied as a tool to collect primary information that has been processed using statistical analysis techniques and has allowed the construction of the T-BD model with three components, the first one showing that students have closed the Digital Divide by 45%, with a digital divide of 55%; The students sector has closed the digital divide by 37.57%, with a digital divide of 62.43%; In the technological means the advance in the use is of 63% having a digital divide of 37%. The T-BD model weighted in equal proportions shows results for the management of 2013, a magnitude of 48.68% approximately, remaining to reduce the digital divide of 51.32%.

Palabras clave : Digital Divide; Model T-BD; Industrial Engineering.

        · resumen en Español     · texto en Español     · Español ( pdf )


Creative Commons License Todo el contenido de esta revista, excepto dónde está identificado, está bajo una Licencia Creative Commons